View Single Post
Old 11-07-2006, 09:45 PM   #8
[DSG]Mach03

Re: Official Computer Questions Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by torchredmach View Post
Ok, I'll start...

Why do I get a funny noise that sounds like an air bubble going through my computer's water pump? Is it time to change the antifreeze?
From another site:

The coolant recipe is very important, because it has the effect to either maintain a good performance over time, or completely destroy your system. If for example you would be using plain tap water in a water cooling loop, the entire cooling surface of both waterblock and radiator will be covered in oxidation within a week, greatly hindering performance. Tap water will also cause mineral deposits inside the pump overtime, as well as letting fungus and algae grow inside the components. For optimal results, distilled water should be used, which means that it consists purely of H2O. You should then add a minimal quantity of coolant additive, such as RedLine Water Wetter which is sold right here, on directron.com. 2 ounces in a water cooling loop should keep the system free of any unwanted formations for at least 6 months, after which every component should be cleaned with alcohol, and refilled with a new batch of water/additive.