View Single Post
Old 04-16-2016, 10:55 PM   #112
logan03co

Re: Procharger Delivery!!

Today we started the day with getting the top-end all buttoned back up.

We got the new fuel injectors installed, new fuel rails & Aeroquip lines all made up. With that done, we could reinstall the upper intake manifold & put all that to bed. We also did some mock-up on the Aeroquip fittings & lines related to the upper coolant crossover setup.

Finished the day by starting the intercooler mounting. We moved everything out of the way in order to visualize how we wanted to mount it all.

We are going to utilize some 3/16" thick aluminum angle mounted to the vehicle as sort of a 'shelf' for this big-*** thing to sit on. I'll have some more pictures of that setup the next time as we fabricate it.

I've ordered some lengths of adhesive backed foam to line the aluminum angle so it's sort of isolated from the aluminum intercooler.

We managed to get the setup centered on the vehicle & I believe it should work pretty well once it's all over.

I've also ordered a couple cans of Torch Red (paint code 'D3') aerosol spray paint to coat the factory items on the lower support / crash bar area before we assemble our brackets & mount everything. Basically to just clean the area up some (even though it still won't really be seen).

A couple upgrades completed & many more waiting!
logan03co is offline   Reply With Quote