View Single Post
Old 07-06-2017, 01:15 PM   #8
01yellerCobra

Re: high output alternator of choice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eruza View Post
Thanks for the link! I think this is a good idea. I can disassemble and paint or powder coat the alternator shell (I'm assuming). I looked at them, then decided to enter my info in their form on the left. You get a list of what was optioned for the various 2004's. The Mach's with a manual tranny have a 130A alternator. It listed several replacement parts and just one upgrade kit that was to 240A! I didn't see wiring within the kit, but I assume you need to upgrade the wiring to the alternator..?

https://www.aspwholesale.com/upgrade-kit-fd-p6206.html

I couldn't link the list, so I snagged a screenshot.
Attachment 66180
It doesn't come with a wiring upgrade. I think American Muscle has kits. I ended up making my own so that I could route it how I wanted. Yeah, the stock is 130amp. At least that style on my 01 was 130amp. On the 03/04 Cobras it's only 110. I painted my case while everything was apart. Not that anyone sees it in my case. But I felt better.
2004 Mystichrome Cobra-Accufab SBTB and plenum, Steeda 2.8" upper, Bassani X, Borla Stingers, Mcleod RXT, MGW shifter, Level 5 halfshafts, chrome FR500's, Stiffler's FIT system and DS safety loop, GT pumps, BA3000, tuned by owner
01yellerCobra is offline   Reply With Quote