View Single Post
Old 12-22-2017, 03:19 AM   #7
rich1
AUTOMACHTIC

Re: Got a deal on a 2016 Prem GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDraper View Post
Be curious to hear your opinion of it compared to the Mach 1. We have a 17 GT/CS vert and would like to see if your opinion matches up with mine.
In my opinion.... The car is heavy at 3,800 lbs . However the motor is strong and it pulls hard with a 318 gear. Since it is an auto.. the trans has select shift and sport mode, it blips the throttle and rev matches on down shift. Brakes are strong being 2 piston Brembos good pedal feel too. The IRS handles very well in the turns, but is hard to launch from a stand still hard without spinning or some wheel hop. This is not a drag car to me because of the IRS, unless a lot of new parts. Stoplight to stoplight does better if you roll on the gas . The auto is faster than the manual ,I drove each with the track app on and both had 6,000 miles. Ford is still having clutch and gearbox problems. The manual auto - rev is useless ,grabby clutch spring pedal and notchy gear box don't help. Come on Ford that is not world class !
.I think the car will be a good mid -to - top end car with a Procharger or Vortech making 500-600 rwhp .The car is very stable at high speed... up to 150 and you can adjust the steering feel too. I would not put an Eaton or 373 /410 gears will just spin its *** off. The manual I drove had 355s.
It was too quiet inside , I put a set of axle back SLP on and got a nice deep sound for $350. The fly by wire has about a one second delay in the throttle . I know a tune can help that but a Roush cold air kit helped for now. Its a good GT.
The Mach is lighter ,louder, gets worse gas mileage .More fun to drive hard and Mach still turns more heads since the are a lot more GT around.Ill keep it !
UPGRADES...Tokico Illuminas Borla SS Catback , Steeda Underdrives , Strut Brace , HPM Lower K Brace , L /C Arms , U /C Arms , HPM PanHard Bar, K&N FRPK 2, GOODYEAR GT1 , MRT- H-Pipe , JLT VaporTraps , SLP-12'" Tips! , FRPP Shorty 1 5/8 Headers , Brembo D/S & PBR D/S Rotors ,FRPP Alum.DS ,Roys 3/8 Spacer , SVT Focus 255 pump SCTsw Chip PRO-DYNOjet NA 300.01hp /315tq (Auto) ,Innovate W/B ,Compucar Wet Kit (90jet) + Heater and E Gauge * 360 hp/385tq 12.5 -1/4 @112
rich1 is offline   Reply With Quote