View Single Post
Old 11-14-2006, 08:44 AM   #273
ricks03mach

Re: Is the Mach your 1st Stang?

This is my very first Mustang and very first Ford. I'm a huge fan of all cars.

I remember reading about the release of the Mach 1 and forgot about it, so I bought a new Mercedes coupe in 2003 to do parking lot racing. I started dating my current GF and her dad had a heavily modified 01 Mustang GT that was set up for road racing. He let me drive it and I was hooked. I went down and traded for a blue Mach 1.

I loved the shaker and the aluminum block, the big brakes and the look of the interior, oh and yes the torque. I really love this car, despite its 70's chassis design flaws, it is a really good platform to do whatever you want, drag racing, road racing, insano street car.

I prefer road racing and have taken it out to Sebring 3 times. My club rents the track all day which means if my brakes and I could handle it, I could drive 6 hours on the road course. My last event I drove 125 miles on the course throughout the day. My friend who just bought a Mach went with me and couldn't believe how hard you can beat on the car and it doesn't even care. This car never fails to surprise me. I took on a lot of cars that day that I thought we faster.

Anyway, just a great car and I plan on keeping it for a long time.

List of mods. White plastic Hurst shift ball. The aluminum shift ball gets really really hot at the track. Going back to stock springs and wheels as soon as I can.
ricks03mach is offline   Reply With Quote