View Single Post
Old 05-11-2016, 08:03 AM   #105
sutyak
it's soo-tack

Re: sutyak's turbo 2004 Mach 1 build thread

Made some progress on the car last night. I painted the wiper arms, hooked up the wideband to the XCal3 firewire cable, and figured out why neither power port works.
I had never needed to remove the wiper arms from my last Mach 1, so I had to do some googling to figure that out. The arm has to be raised completely before it can be pulled off. Once raised, pull out the small pin (it doesn't come out completely) and it will wiggle right off.

After much wire tracing and voltage checking, it turns out the power ports simply weren't connected! There is a connector to the left of the shifter that was not plugged in. The other side of the connector was nowhere in sight, so forgetting everything I knew about the last Mach 1 I owned over 10 years ago I assumed it was diagnostics. That is until I actually traced the wires. It wasn't until after I started removing the center console that I could see the other end of that connector. Whomever installed the center console last tucked the connector back where it could not be seen.

I also purchased an SCT license for the car so I can tweak on the tune. It took a couple tries updating the Advantage software but it finally showed up. I hope to do some data logging in the next couple of days, but the rain is not helping.

Before paint

After

Power port connector. The male end was tucked under the console.

XCal3 wiring diagram. Verified output voltage is good, but have not done any logging yet.
I was really hoping the AEM boost controller had an output wire, but no luck. I may add a MAP sensor just for data logging in the future. I like being able to log the boost pressure.

Firewire cable on passenger side
2003 DSG Mach 1. 12.65 @ 106 (sold)
sutyak is offline   Reply With Quote