View Single Post
Old 12-18-2014, 01:49 PM   #69
Explosive

Re: Official Nitrous HP/TQ/mods thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangpainter View Post
Ok mach guru's,. Need your advice. My 03 mach has 70k on the clock,and has lived a pretty babied life,..i do run it occasionally, and my best time is a 12.80 in 1/4. The engine is stock except for cai, off road x, magnaflo exhaust, 4.10's,sct tune and 315/35 drag radials. So heres the question: I'd like to put 100 shot on this car, as it seems to be the best bang for my budget, in your opinion would you do-it,..? If yes which way would you go,wet or dry,..this would be done strictly for the friday nite track trips,.and it only gets ran a couple time a month. I know hindsite is 20/20,..so please give some insight on your hindsight..thanks

This is an oldie but I saw the quote by not a gt.

20/20 would I do it again ? No. It's still not set but overall its been a number of headaches. Partially my fault and some not. I was told what would be the best location for my nozzle. Which ended up being the worst and caused a ton of puddling in my intake boot. My car now has 40k on it and the stock fuel pump was appearing as it couldn't keep up with a 50 shot let alone a 100. But this may have had to do with the fact all my fuel was trapped in my intake and the nitrous was probably getting to the cylinders so I think I was basically smacking it with a dry shot but no extra fuel. Long story short upgraded fuel pump, went back on dyno and discovered the puddle issue. Now have a plate and will be going back in spring to get it all worked out. Wont say that I regret it yet. But, had I the patience I would have held out and kept putting that spare cash aside for a turbo setup.

I'm not at all saying don't go n20, I'm not upset that I went this route. I'd like to go turbo later and if I do I'll keep the nitrous on the car too. I just wonder often had I not been given that poor advice on nozzle location, would my first dyno trip gone smooth ? Between the kit, the what I feel are needed extras window switch/little fittings and nice steel braided lines and going from a nozzle to a $300 plate I've got some money sank into this. So in MY situation, looking back no it was a major pita and I could have saved and just went with boost from the start. However MY situation is not all that common. I will say though after having this happen id never put a kit on and not get a dyno tune, ever. After all of this there is a company I will no longer deal with....
Explosive is offline   Reply With Quote