View Single Post
Old 08-05-2012, 03:24 AM   #15
JGGilly12

Re: Official Vortech HP/TQ/mods thread

Stock bottom end: No, Aluminum Block bored .010 over, Forged Stroker Steel Racing Crankshaft by Kellogg, MANLEY 4340 Forged H-beam Rods(shotpeened, magnafluxed and weight matched), MANLEY Forged Notched Pistons with tool steel Pins and teflon skirts 9.5:1 CR, Total Seal Rings, ARP everything, Clevite Performance bearings, Melling Racing Oil pump teflon coated, 15/16 oil pickup, Felpro gaskets, 1 piece rear main seal, 7qt Oil Pan, Windage Tray

Head unit: Vortech V-1 S-Trim

Pulley size and boost level: 2.8RR pulley, 12ish psi(if I was lucky, with major slippage) Gone through 3 belts in a year and a half. Probably alignment though too!

Fuel system: Cobra Tank, Dual Ford GT Supercar Pumps, Fore Precision Billet Fuel Hat, 60lb Injectors, Zone 5 FPDM..

Tuner/Dyno shop info: Greg at Racers Edge Tuning in Downey, CA http://racersedgetuning.net/

Other notable mods: Stage 2 Ported and Polished Heads, Stainless Valves, Paxton A/A Innercooler, Anderson Boost Pipe, Vortech Mini-Race BOV, PMS HPX Slot MAF, Custom PCV Delete with Catch Can and breather for both Valve Covers, TKO600 with cryo treated gears, MGW Shifter, McLeod Twin Disc with Billet Flywheel, Lakewood Bellhousing, MM Firewall/Clutch Quadrant, JBA Shorties, Stock Cats with Custom 3.5" anti-reversion bubbles to 3" Magnaflow X pipe with SLP LM1s(custom done by Ed Hansons Muffler Shop in Spring Valley,CA), Energy Suspension Motor and Trans mounts, Ford Racing 4.10 Gears, Suspension goodies..

RWHP/RWTQ: 539/499 Peak HP was around 6200 and fell almost 100hp by the time it hit 7k.. Trying to find the culprit behind that still..

I just ordered an 8-rib kit and a 2.7RR pulley today! So as soon as I get them put on, ALIGNED PROPERLY this time and take the car to the dyno I will post the new numbers. Hopefully this time it doesnt slip like my current setup! Im going to be spinning the hell out of my little S-Trim but we'll see what she can do and go from there LOL. If anything I might do the 928 Motorsports Impeller upgrade.. Who knows. HAH. Im sure im missing some things in the above catagories but its pretty close off the top of my head.. Also going to Ford GT Cams and upgraded Springs as soon as the money is in my pocket! Then a new tune/new numbers again.. Gotta love the performance bug.
JGGilly12 is offline   Reply With Quote