View Single Post
Old 08-14-2017, 02:39 PM   #2
gfong
Greg Fonger

Re: Valvoline synthetic 75w-140 plus Ford friction modifier?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorchMach1 View Post
I will soon be changing the gear oil in my '03. After searching on the subject, I can't seem to get a straight answer on whether or not Valvoline synthetic gear oil needs the friction modifier added. Some people says it's already included, others say to add it. Can anyone give me a definitive answer?
Here is the info from Valvoline in one of their pdf's online. But..... Ford service will say different. I do not think there is an answer cause both parties want to sell their stuff.. I used it and now I don't use it. If I was just going by the Valvoline docs I would pass and not use it. Good luck and don't overfill!

Product Information A PRODUCT OF THE VALVOLINE COMPANY A DIVISION OF ASHLAND INC. VALVOLINE SYNPOWER FULL SYNTHETIC GEAR OIL W/LIMITED SLIP

Valvoline SynPower Gear Oil is a superior sulfur-phosphorus extreme pressure gear lubricant formulated with synthetic basestocks and additives to provide excellent performance. It is designed to provide excellent extreme pressure protection, load carrying capacity, anti-foam performance, corrosion protection, and thermal stability protection.

It is recommended for conventional and high performance applications. Valvoline SynPower Gear Oil is recommended for use in axle applications requiring factory-fill or drain-and-fill levels of limited slip performance. Valvoline SynPower Gear Oil is recommended for use in axle applications requiring factory-fill or drain-and-fill levels of limited slip performance.

Valvoline SynPower 75W-140 is also recommended for use where Ford M2C-192A, GM 12346140, Chrysler MS-8985 , or GL-5 SAE 75W-140 gear oil is specified. The addition of a supplemental friction modifier(Ford M2C- 118-A, Chrysler MS-5630, or GM 1052358) is not required
gfong is offline   Reply With Quote