View Single Post
Old 03-27-2018, 07:43 PM   #6
LXS

Re: Have a question about my door speakers and FAD/Balanace

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKat13 View Post
I'd like to help, but not sure if I fully understand how your setup is different from the stock. Meaning...
1. Are you door and rear deck speakers stock?
All speakers are stock

Quote:
2. Do you still have the rear deck mounted amps?
Yes, rear deck amps are in place, nothing has been removed or swapped out, including speakers

Quote:
3. what wiring have you done; sounds like you have installed an amp in the truck?
I've wired in the wires for the Performance Technique amp (800+watts) in the truck, which powers only my bass speaker which is a 15" Solo Baric. I also did the wiring for the Pioneer head unit I installed a year ago and the splitter to tap into the rear deck speakers, which sends the signal to my Solo Baric.

Quote:
4. 4 amp fuse? must be a type?
Correct, it was a typo, I am using a 40 amp fuse

[QUOTE=TKat13;1630454] 5. Have you changed any of the speaker wiring to the rear deck and/or door speakers? If so, what[/quote[

All speakers are original, have yet to touch any of them.

Quote:
6. Sounds like you installed head unit; how was the speaker outputs wired up? Meaning, in a normal install, you would / could wire in the 2.5" speakers in the door pods and rear deck to the deck's power output level. Then the sub out should be wired to the rear amps. Of course, you must have a lowpass and high pass crossovers configured in your head unit, otherwise you will blow those little 2.5" speakers. So, knowing how your head unit is wired would be huge in this case.
I bought a harness conversion kit from Crutchfield, all I did was match the wires from the head unit to the part I ordered then plugged it into the stock harness. Two of the three stock wire harness plugs are solely being used. I didn't cut or mess with any of the original wires, I tried to keep it as headache free as possible lol. To my understanding, since the lower door speakers are bass speakers, it makes sense that they remain on when I move the fade to the rear, and turn off when fade to the front. Or am I incorrect in thinking this? I do plan (eventually) on replacing and upgrading all of my car's speakers to better quality ones, just too busy at the moment to do so. I hope I was able to answer all of your questions, and if not, I'll do my best to answer or clear up with your follow up response/questions. Thanks for you time, I truly appreciate it!

Quote:
7. What wire kit did you use on your head unit?

K&N RAI
Magnaflow O/R X-pipe
Mac catback
t45 swap (BEST decision of my life!!!)
Don't fear the gear!

I'm not a real mechanic, I just play one online...
LXS is offline   Reply With Quote