View Single Post
Old 08-03-2019, 08:22 PM   #1
morocco36

03 Mach 1 Overheating

Hey guys, small issue, I have an 03 Mach 1 that overheats light to light and in traffic sometimes. The coolant system seems to be working and when she's moving it's not an issue. However I noticed the fuse for the fan assembly was blown. Changed out the entire fan assembly, the corresponding fuse, and checked it using the AC after doing a new thermostat and filling and burping the system (Fan kicked on then using the AC). No leaks, no air in coolant system, still overheating in traffic.... I personally don't think the fan is kicking on when it should... So I bought a coolant temperature sensor and am currently trying to get that out. She's tucked back in there, tried a clawfoot socket but it keeps slipping. Next thoughts were cut the plastic piece off with a dremel and use a regular socket after some heat.

I was wondering if any of you have experienced this problem and what fixed it. I haven't replaced the water pump either but my main concern is getting this Radiator Fan working properly so I can put around town when I'm not mashing the pedal. Appreciate any thoughts you may have.

TJ
Attached Thumbnails
Capture1.jpg  

Last edited by morocco36; 08-03-2019 at 08:27 PM. Reason: Add Image
morocco36 is offline   Reply With Quote