View Single Post
Old 11-04-2009, 10:10 AM   #91
Mister L
Don't squeeze the Charmin

Re: Official Whipple/KB/Eaton HP/TQ/mods thread:

I did initially have belt slip (around 5800 rpm) and tried to find a better fitting belt, but I couldn't find one for a 3.5 upper so I changed to a 3.0 and a different belt that worked. With the 3.0 it increased my HP about 70 but the torque came up a hundred. I know I can run more boost but it has enough for me (at the moment) and I want some longevity out of this motor. With a 91 octane tune it still put down 600/575 with 15deg.

Dyno day sucked. Moved car from OKC via trailer to Dallas a few days prior. Dyno day had rain and I find out my wipers are inop and I'm driving in Dallas where I haven't a clue where I'm going and trying to follow someone to get me there. Car won't hardly run (WTF?) I'm having to work the clutch, throttle, hand brake and keep the RPMs about 1500 at a gazillion enroute stop signs! No cash on me so I can't take the tollway and my stress is peaked. Get on the dyno and my Xcal2 takes a dump. Buy a 3, start the car and the MAFia is broke, (no MAF signal and I get another one)..........lets just say the day was long and 'spensive! Sorry for the long post but that was one heck of a day. I drove the car back to OKC with a smile and I like the Comp cams.