Thread: NASCAR thread
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2008, 03:22 PM   #2344
ylopony

Re: NASCAR thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvervoren View Post
Well it seems that Jimmy Johnson may be the best of all time. Including people like Dale Earnhardt and Cale Yarborough when compared to the competitiveness of Nascar during their era. Now I'm NOT saying Jimmy is a better driver then those guys but he did accomplished what they did in this era of NASCAR when it is a lot harder to do it. Here is an article that shows stats to show this. It basically says that Jimmy did what they did but with a lot more competitive teams to race against which I firmly agree with and have been saying for a while. If these NASCAR legends such as Earnhardt, Yarborough, and Petty were racing in NASCAR in this era, they would not have the wins and championships like they had back then. It is much more competitive now days then it was back then.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/stor...ong-the-greats
Time will tell whether Jimmy is one of the all time greats.(my belief is that he is). However his three in a row is incredible. He has also won a boat load of races in such a short period. He is an unbelievable driver. Also, to the JG bashers. If he was racing under the old format he would have won the title last year and two others as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcongtho3 View Post
There was that OTHER guy this year. The one who came in second place in champoinship points in two different series. Not too shabby on his part...I think it was Edward Carl or something like that...

(I can't think of it, and it seems no one else in the media knows what he did, either)

Congrats to JJ on his acomplishment, and to JG for proding him...along, I meant to say proding him along...I really did!

As for the other guy, I think he's a bit of a hot head and somewhat of a showboat, but he can flat out drive a car. One heck of a year from Carl Edwards. Very impressive indeed.

As for why the media can't remember it, it's like the World Series runner up or the Super Bowl loser, no one can remember who they are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdman941 View Post
Although I still don't like JJ,
I will buy stuff at Lowes, when Ace doesn't have it.
Mainly because they sponsor an American car, and Home Depot doesn't.
I'm with you, Home Depot lost my business when they signed that contract with JGR and Toyota.
ylopony is offline   Reply With Quote