View Single Post
Old 07-13-2017, 06:17 AM   #1
SparksMach1
Shitin 'n Gitin

Cooling Issues / Temp Sensor Location?

Hey guys!

I've been having this issue for a while now and it's not horrible, but I'm to the point where I'd like to be able to run AC without the car going over 220.

My coolant temperature sensor is in the metal crossover tube that runs underneath the shaker (from what I understand the point where the coolant is the hottest, before it goes into the radiator)

Could I be getting a "false" hot reading because of where I put the sensor? I think that most people put them in the block.

Yesterday was 86 degrees and the car ran at 210 most of the time I was cruising around. I'm not sure what Tstat is in the car (I need to check) but that shouldn't affect the car staying overly hot, just how long it takes to get up to temperature.

I have not confirmed if my high-speed fan setting is operational or not. I'm not sure if it's something I would hear over the engine/exhaust, the car is pretty loud.

Thoughts on the location vs. temp reading? Accurate mods in signature block; radiator is factory with 98K miles

442/435 @ the rear ALL MOTOR -Race Gas
FRPP BOSS 5.0 block, 10.6:1 compression, Manley H-Beams; Diamond flat-top pistons, P&P heads W/ 5-angle valve job & ARP Head studs, PP upper/lower intake, Comp Stage 2 N/A cams, FR500 springs, valves, and followers, Tube K with coilovers and Bilsteins, Kooks, Stingers, 2.97 T-56 Magnum, 31 Spline Superior axles & Auburn-pro dif, built battle boxes, KB BAP w/ 39lb injectors, and 4:10's.
SparksMach1 is offline   Reply With Quote