Thread: What's this?
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2017, 08:32 AM   #30
DSG2003Mach1
700 HP Mach

Re: What's this?

if you turn the ac dial to any setting but off, the compressor is going to run. You do NOT need to have the heat turned on to burp the car and having it set to heat is actually going to make your situation worse because its taking heat out of the system making it even harder for the car to get up to temp. In these cars coolant is always flowing through the heater core, there is a blend door in the AC system that prevents warm air for the heater core from coming out of the AC vents.

why your fan is coming on at those temps I do not know. It sound like whoever did the tune for procharger did change the fan turn on temps. With your cooler ambient temps and the fan on high speed your car isnt getting warm enough to fully open the thermostat.

At this point I think your best option may be just to unplug the fan and let the car idle. I would NOT drive it, Id sit in the driver seat watching the temp on the dash. I think if you can get it up around 100C that should be around 212F that would let the coolant circulate enough to start moving any air pockets. Let the car cool then check coolant at the crossover tube. If you have to add coolant repeat the process until you no longer have to add any. Again it usually took me 3 times.

'12 F150 FX2 Supercrew with Ecoboost daily beater
DSG2003Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote