View Single Post
Old 02-04-2015, 07:54 PM   #20
Dan03mach
Spool'n UP

Re: Thread for those of us who tune our own cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach828 View Post
One of the main reasons I wanted to do some tuning was to dial in the driveability. Since most tuners don't take the time needed to perfect the tuning under low load. On the mach I have the hpx maf, blow through. And the crown Vic is an 05 so it is a new slot style maf as well. Running 91 and turning up the timing under light load should help my gas mileage and throttle response. Thanks for the good info!
I think I found out the reason my mach has been having issues in the winter.. is its not getting warm enough to go into closed loop so its idling weird and having some driveability issues. (160 inline tstat with a hole drilled)
Plan to spend a lot of time in the low end of the timing table.
Do you guys keep the generic maf transfer functions recommended or do you change it? I heard some people will go as far as putting their maf setup on a flowbench?
Just force it into open loop and use the maf to scale the amount of fuel you need at what ever load count the maf is calling for at. It takes the o2's out of the loop so just incase you have one that is getting weak or now working right it won't make your car run pig rich at idle or cruising around. So make sure you data log the short term fuel trims. Also a helpful tip is go just go thru all the parameters and just read what is writen in the comments from SCT it is very help full and tells you pretty much what everything does and their is alot of changes that need to be made first before you even start to try to tune the car. you need to get the base file done first.

"SLOW STREET CAR"

Mods:

Turbocharged
9 Sec. Slow Street Car
Dan03mach is offline   Reply With Quote