View Single Post
Old 06-29-2020, 07:50 AM   #76
HAEG
Heppasketties

Re: Carlisle 2020 - - - Who's in?

This past Friday & Saturday my sons and I went to Carlisle for the Chevrolet show we stayed overnight at the same Home Wood suites. I placed had almost no guests. Masks were required in the main lobby but it was not a stuffy type situation. Employees kind of had the mask down until you got close, which is acceptable if your a person that is concerned. They did not offer a hot breakfast what they did offer was a to go bag with a bottle of water, apple, nature valley bar and a muffin and a list of other items you could request. These items were pretty good. The one employee explained the hotel just doesn't have any money. They were not sure if this would change by August. I did ask about using the grills and our BBQ to which they said they didn't have any restrictions on that. Marzzoni's the place next store had just opened on Friday evening for inside dinning. We ordered take out as we arrived late and they were closing at 9:00 PM.

The show field had signs and barriers up for employees as most stores have done. However the use of the mask was requested I didn't see anyone upset about others not wearing them. I wore mine when ordering food and when entering employee areas that were tight. I want to say it was relaxed but people still utilized masks. I also didn't notice anyone shaming anyone for wearing the masks. The Chevy show was very small about 1/3 the size.

To add to that I was just informed that I'll be taking mandatory unpaid furlough days my crappy government run union so graciously accepted from the Governor. Which will send me into a political rant that is not allowed here...
So I'm not sure whats up for me at the moment...
M1R Member #1829
2011 Shelby GT-500 Grabber Blue
W/SVT Performance Package
Born on Friday, 6-25-2010
Purchased 8-19-2010

2003 Zinc Yellow Auto I/UP (Build #8280 of 9652)
Born on Thursday, 7/17/03
Purchased 8-18-2003 first owner
Sold 8-19-2010 bought GT500
Purchased again 3-3-2017 fifth owner
Purchased for my wife to drive (but she knows I love the car)
HAEG is offline   Reply With Quote