Thread: Eaton Swap.....
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2018, 03:25 PM   #791
311-420
Can't be bridled

Re: Eaton Swap.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor05121 View Post
Bump from the dead. Just read most of this thread and I'm frothing at the mouth for 450rwhp.

I just picked up an 04 Oxford White 5-speed, 70k miles. Really wanting to do this swap. Being its almost 15 years since these cars came out, would it be ill-advised to begin this trek? Are some parts completely 100% impossible to find?
This late in the game, if I had a stock car with 70k miles I'd put a magnapack catback on it, steeda or mgw shifter, tint the windows and roll.

If the car has already been modded and you just want to go further, keep in mind not only the initial costs and aggravations of what you're doing, the cost of supporting mods that need to be done to take good advantage of the new power, and the inevitable costs that will come as a result of the added power. For example- my transmission is making some pretty cool noises these days and will need attention. Probably sooner rather than later.

You will find yourself on a never ending path of modding, maintaining, repairing etc. If these things sit ok with you, then by all means the eaton swap can be done and will be stupid fun. The parts are becoming more difficult to find and the install is much more involved than a centri setup. An eaton swapped Mach 1 will also be much more difficult to return to stock if you ever sold the car and needed to get more of your money back, unlike with a centri that can be taken off in just hours.

How good you are at working on cars will be something to consider as well. What happens if you get in over your head? Are there shops near you that you can trust to save the day? Expect things to happen. They will.

I would not advise going into something as serious as supercharging with a tight budget and without other means of reliable transportation.
2004 Mach 1 #6956 5spd w/IUP
Eaton swap, longtubes, built 3.73 SRA
452hp/409tq dynojet🏁
311-420 is offline   Reply With Quote