View Single Post
Old 08-20-2013, 11:29 AM   #24
TKat13
Mach-T

Re: TKat13's Mach1 Build Log

I finally ended my 7 week travel for business tour. It was a complete pain being away from the home for so long. I had a day here and there to work on the Mach but to be honest getting motivated was pretty tough knowing that the next day I was flying out to another location. Anyway, I got a little to report, but not much.

I did get my rear end housing back from HPP. I had the tubes welded up and had them add some additional bracing. One of my tubes were tweaked pretty good, but with their jig they were able to get everything back to spec.

This weekend I cleaned it up and painted it with a high-temp epoxy paint. 9 years of daily driving it pitted the metal pretty bad, not sure why Ford does not protect these things. Anyway, it looks much better.

The housing is empty and the rear cover will be replaced with a girdle style, I just used the stock one as a cover for when I sandblasted and painted it.

Welded tubes:

Bracing + (ugly toes):

Next in line is to fix my press, I forgot that part of it bent when I replaced my ball joints months ago. urg.. Maybe tonight I will stop by the hardware store and pick up some steel and get welding. 90% of the Harbor Freight press is good, that 10% is what failed and it is very easy to see why. Not sure why they used a different material on the press bar. (of course a good amount of this was user error...
(100 shot,E85,4:10s,Street tire):60 ft - 1.67 | 1/8 - 7.88
New build - 750rwhp; not track tested (yet)
Mods: Build Log
Paint&Body
Tuned by Manny @ HPP
TKat13 is offline   Reply With Quote