View Single Post
Old 09-03-2019, 10:45 AM   #11
87handmedown
Captain Ziptie

Re: Operation Rescue, 2004 Mach 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotford View Post
ask away and I'm sure you will get lots of help along the way...

the aviator motor came from an auto so the flywheel will need to be changed as the aviator and Mach auto cars came with a cast crank which are 6 bolt vs the 8 your Mach had.

Make sure to use the Mach front cover as well.

also remember Mach have a two piece engine harness, one of them runs under the intake to connect to the knock sensors.

Yep, I already have a 6 bolt flywheel from a GT mustang ready to bolt onto the back of my Mark VIII motor.

I didn't know the front covers were different, but I have the Mach 1 cover, so that's good to know now before installing.

I'm fairly certain that I kept the whole engine harness in the engine bay of the car, but I'll check again when I get home to the shop.

I really appreciate the thanks, as well as the feedback guys. More pictures will be coming soon!
Michael Delaney: Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting.
87handmedown is offline   Reply With Quote