Thread: Need opinions
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2017, 12:23 PM   #9
ab_mach1
Lorraine's driver

Re: Need opinions

Quote:
Originally Posted by 311-420 View Post
X pipes don't add rasp. Running an or pipe, be it x or h, with imitation mufflers aka glasspacks like stingers, lm2, lm1, magnapacks are what causes the noise he's getting. Cats will help, but not as much as a muffler with packing will. Cats will take the majority of the rasp/blat sound away from inside the car, but outside it's still a blatty noise from 2500rpm and up if you're giving it more than 1/4 throttle. I learned that watching my car get dyno'd years ago. I thought I had cured the rasp with cats because it sounded better from my point of view behind the wheel, but being outside of it that wasn't the case.
For me, I define "rasp" as the undefined or sorta wet super loud exhaust. The H midpipes made mine more like the old musclecar sound, deeper and more defined. Mine has a blatty sound when I goose it (like a 1/4 throttle) from lower RPM's. But when I floor it, it's more defined and musclecar/ pushrod racecar kinda sounding after ~2500-3000 RPM's. It seems like the splatty sound continues on through the RPM's with X pipe setups. Is that not what you've experienced?
  • MGW short shifter w/comfort handle
  • Eibach Sportlines w/Koni STR.T's and Maximum Motorsports CC plates
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote