View Single Post
Old 01-18-2018, 07:59 AM   #6
HAEG
Heppasketties

Re: Englishtown, NJ Raceway Park Drag Strip Closed for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrad88 View Post
Makes you feel any better, Royal Purple (formally know to those of us who grew up around here as Houston Raceway Park) took on the storage duties for a large number of the flood vehicles we had here in the Houston and surrounding areas after Harvey rolled on thru...supposedly they are starting up racing activities again here soon, but we have the same fear that this will be the fate of HRP as well.

I am truly sorry to hear that about Englishtown. Always wanted to make a pass or two on that Iconic track...
Funny you mentioned what all this... E-town got a taste of car storage money during Superstorm Sandy for the same reasons. And now a company based out of Texas named Copart is leasing the property for what seems to be an obscene amount of money to store cars for auctions. Drag racing times are really tough right now so if this keeps them a float and maybe some day it reopens then so be it. I have 2 other tracks in NJ to go to but E-town was my favorite recently. In the closing of E-town we actually lose 2 drag strips, they had a 1/4 mile and an 1/8 mile track operating simultaneously. Locally we need to support the tracks we have left.
M1R Member #1829
2011 Shelby GT-500 Grabber Blue
W/SVT Performance Package
Born on Friday, 6-25-2010
Purchased 8-19-2010

2003 Zinc Yellow Auto I/UP (Build #8280 of 9652)
Born on Thursday, 7/17/03
Purchased 8-18-2003 first owner
Sold 8-19-2010 bought GT500
Purchased again 3-3-2017 fifth owner
Purchased for my wife to drive (but she knows I love the car)
HAEG is offline   Reply With Quote