View Single Post
Old 09-23-2003, 09:54 PM   #47
somckinney

I'm 50. Can't imagine what insurance would cost me if I were younger. My daughter is 20 and pays more for a six cylinder Mustang. Both of us have PERFECT driving records. I also have a 1966 Mustang convertible, candyapple red with white top. I had a 1965 fastback when I was a teenager. I drove it throughout college. I have had a 1974 Mustang, a 1977, a 1978, a 1990, a 1994, a 1966 coupe, a 2000 and a 2002. The last two were six cylinders. The Mach is without a doubt the most powerful and fun to drive of any of them, convertible included.
I have torch red and a 5-speed. It's been five years since I have driven a 5-speed and it's taking some time to get used to that again.
The seats also are designed for someone a bit leaner than I, but I'm enduring it.
Mustangs rule.
Six cylinders help keep the hobby alive because most teens can at least afford to insure them. Camaros and Firebirds concentrated too much on V8's and couldn't sell enough to remain profitable. Ford must sell V6's in order to give us GT's, Cobras and Mach Ones.
somckinney is offline   Reply With Quote