View Single Post
Old 05-19-2017, 08:43 PM   #13
DJAMiller

Re: Canned tune from trusted source or dyno tune from non-reputable tuner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRbetngu View Post
Sort of at a dilemma here, not really, just a minor inconvenience. The car is tuned now, but it needs a re-tune for reasons.

1) I bought the car in Alabama where they must have an abundance of 93 octane, because where I'm from there is one station that has it and it's about a 45 minute drive. Which is not too bad now because I'm working near the station, but I won't be soon and will not be driving 45 minutes for a fill up every week. So, unfortunately, I'm having to go down to 91.

2) I've added a couple different mods (Borlas and intake spacer) and I'm looking to have the traction control permanently off, maybe cut out EGR, and hopefully will be swapping to 4.10s soon.

Typically I'd just have Bama re-do the tune because I think the tune I have now is alright, but apparently the tunes aren't transferrable and I'd have to buy a whole new set of 3.

The real question is, do I go with a tune from LaSota racing? Do I buy another set of tunes form Bama and deal with them? Or would it be better to go to a local "Mustang specialty" shop that only a few people have dealt with. The people who have dealt with them and given me reviews are basically friends with the shop owner and tuner, so I'm not really sure how biased or unbiased their reviews are, but they say good things.

Which would be a safer bet? The car won't see forced induction anytime soon, so really it's all bolt-ons and nothing else; mods below. I can't imagine a tune for all of this can be very difficult, but I really don't want to risk it with the dyno shop if a $50 tune from LaSota can get me where I need to be. Does anyone have opinions? Thanks in advance!
I've just discovered the same from BAMA, they need to state that more clearly when you buy it, at the time I don't recall seeing that anywhere . What's with all the negativity I've seen on BAMA lately by the way? Are they no good?
DJAMiller is offline   Reply With Quote