View Single Post
Old 11-08-2011, 01:29 AM   #32
50GTMach1

Re: The end of my 2004 Mach

Thanks everybody for your comments. Insurance will pay off what I owe plus give me a bit. not enough for another car right now but enough to start saving. Fortunately no one was hurt. We hit the tree going between 30-40 mph. My buddy stepped on the gas a bit more than he shouldve in second gear and the wheels spun turning the car slightly toward the shoulder of the road. right after the car turned the wheels hooked and we went offroad onto wet grass and down an incline picking up speed and hit the tree. he didnt "hit it" to race he was trying to get a feel for the 4.30 gears. he had been behind the wheel all of 5 min and we had just turned onto the road from a stop sign. from dead stop to the tree was maybe 50-60 yards....i think. we hadnt gotten onto the main road for more than a few seconds. going from 30-40 mph to dead stop with no slow down is reflected by my crumpled car but when we hit the tree the impact wasnt real bad. like i said no injuries, no whip lash etc. I will miss that car though.

insurance would let me buy the car back to sell parts but they would also tow the car to my house and deposit it on the street....its too much of hassle and i dont think I could leave the car near a busy intersection out on the street while i tried to dismantle it out iin the weather. so i'm letting it go.

thanks again and ride on!
50GTMach1 is offline   Reply With Quote