View Single Post
Old 11-17-2018, 12:18 PM   #3
Mustanger2

Re: Police Ride Along?

I recently went on one with a Deputy Sheriff neighbor & it was a great experience! I highly recommend it for all. I got to see the everyday life of a deputy...and was amazed at the constant barrage of info they are processing daily every minute! Two radio frequencies, the computer interface, & a personal phone. plus monitoring everything going on outside like speeders in all directions, looking for known wanted felons & others , cell phone drivers ( a big priority) checking activity everywhere at all times for disturbances, illegal activity. We checked on drug houses, served papers, helped old ladies living alone feel safe even got firewood for one. So busy we had no time for lunch just ate in the car like he does most days.

I got a complete tour of the jail & that was a first for me! Nice new modern jail but I never want to go there! We handled backup calls, did speeding stops, pulled over two known bad guys for illegal license plate to check on them but they turned out to be one of the nicest stops. We got a call for a fire at a rural school & were first on the scene...just as we got there the call changed to shots fired! Talk about adrenaline rush! I had to stay in the car ready to grab the AR if needed....LOL, turned out to be kids with fireworks (it was close to July 4th) that set the playground on fire and burned up the playground equipment, Whew! I got to help with a hose mopping up hot spots. All in all it was exhausting day but never dull & so interesting to see the challenges our officers face everyday!

99% of the Police Officers are so dedicated to serving & protecting us citizens & if given a chance you will find them great friends! I believe a few days like I had on a ride along would change anyone's minds of who the REAL bad guys are! They do good Samaritan things so many times and you never hear about it! How they keep being professional under the verbal & physical assaults they handle everyday is beyond me!

Schedule a ride ASAP! You will love it.