View Single Post
Old 04-09-2005, 05:05 PM   #97
MachOneThis

Re: Ford Racing Cams Installed - WOW!!!!!

Ok - here we go - made three pulls in 30 minutes.

Best was 338.55 hp - 303.30 Torque Actually made 311.99 torque on one run but that run made 2 less horsepower.

Going back Monday for an SCT tune & Dyno. Not sure if I believe it, but they say there is another 20-30 hp in a tune. Car has not been retuned since the cams. It was a little lean but not 20-30 hp lean. The biggest problem was timing which probably explains the low torque. WOT timing at 4500 was only 12 degrees - timing did not go over 16 degrees until about 6000 rpm - timing peaked at 19.6. They did data log everything knowing we were coming back Monday for a tune. I cannot expalin the timing because we had data logged with the predator and it showed exactly what was in the chip - 21.5 degrees. Only thing different was we removed one of the rear O2 sensors before going over there so they would have a bung to take accurate readings rather than from the tailpipe. Rear O2 removed should not have affected the timing especially since it was turned off in the chip. We will see Monday and report results.

Remember, we have a 4.56 gear - they say that could skew the numbers lower by 5-10 HP. Dynojet customer service confirms that much gear will make the readings a little lower.

Check this out - We decided to hook up a Plasma Booster for run number two. Up to about 5700 RPM, the Plasma Booster was making a few more horsepower. After 5700 RPM the horspower dropped quickly 14 HP. Unhooked the Plasma Booster and 3rd pull was back almost dead on to the first. Since we are running so much gear - I think we wiill leave the Plasma Booster off the car. Looks like it would be good for low to mid RPMs, but gets weaker the higher the RPMs go.

Looks like these cams make smooth power all the way past 6000 RPM and that is with a stock intake and heads - no porting. Hard to tell on the printout, but you do not see that usual double peak like the stock cams. Will get more printouts on Monday with higher resolution.

http://www.aglobalmart.com/family/dyno1.jpg

AEM Wideband Digital Onboard A/F System

We have one on this car and it is dead on with readings they took .

More Numbers Monday afternoon. Stay Tuned!!!
MachOneThis is offline   Reply With Quote