View Single Post
Old 04-18-2011, 10:26 PM   #13
03SHKR
used to be BrianWannaMach

Re: Kicking Off another Mach 1 Motor Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmckinney View Post
TSS oil pump.
I did a little searching on this and found the website for Triangle Speed Shop. I'm impressed (not that that takes much)... a blueprinted oil pump with tolerances within 1/2 a thou...

Quote:
3V windage tray
Yep. That's the one.
Quote:
Oversized valves do not fit 03+ C heads unless you also install oversized seats. The stock valve seat is the same diameter as the valve so you can't go any bigger like on the 2V heads.
Thanks for the info. I understand (at least the basics of) the extra work required. But, I am still work out on all the specifics...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach Boy View Post
If I could go back and redo anything on my old build I would have put 96-98 cams in instead of the FR500s and used that money toward a big bore block or a stroker crank. Just some food for thought.
I'm looking at getting custom ground cams to match my wants/needs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmeagher View Post
I beam rods, ARP head studs...Id do flat tops 10.5 compression
Thanks. I think I understand the benefits, but I agree with the others, the I-Beams are overkill for me. And I think the 10.5 CR would be a little much for me. I don't need this to have max HP.

- See pics of my first 86 SVO - I have two
- See pics of my 67 Mustang Fastback w/ 427 Small Block
- See pics of my 2003 Mach 1 Web Page, needs update for new motor, etc.
- See pics of my wife’s 06 Mustang
03SHKR is offline   Reply With Quote