View Single Post
Old 08-29-2009, 06:12 PM   #200
tmhutch
4v>3v>2v

Re: Under Drive Pulleys..and the problems they cause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModularSpeed View Post
Good post Todd.

The difference between me and the people you listed.....I run UD's religiously......but will not, and have not ever sold a set to a customer with a 4V.

Some of the people/names you mentioned, don't run them.....but will sell them all day long.

Thanks. If all businesses operated that way we'd be better off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach1Marauder View Post
Great post Todd!
Thanks for taking the time to write that and assembling things that I've told numerous times here.

But if someone replies to the contrary, they'll say all you wrote is HEARSAY.
Appreciate it. It really needed to be in one post so we can quit repeating ourselves. Copy/paste, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by japan4racing View Post
fwiw hondas have the same issue. although we could use the ati and fluidamper....not sure if you guys can get them for the stang..never looked. .....since the engine builder competitivly races imports he felt confident that the motor would hold and the oil pump would not fail with those rpms and the ati damper. just a thought....worth looking into?
Yeh, I've heard about this issue with imports. Multiple cams, powdered metal gears and high RPM is not something to mess with. Thanks for posting that information. Very informative. And yes, we do have an ATI/Innovators West option and it is considered the best. A fluid filled unit is also available and I have not heard of any failures with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott McClure View Post
Todd, one of the best posts I've seen in a long time.....................
Thank you. Appreciate it.
tmhutch is offline   Reply With Quote