Thread: 4.30's or 4.10
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2009, 09:33 PM   #115
one mach 1
Pro-gun Conservative!

Re: 4.30's or 4.10

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMcCarthy View Post
To clarify TRXboy, that was a stock Mach with 4.30s on gatorbacks on the street. If my launch was weak, post a video of you doing better or shut the **** up.

Good sir, this little gem is sitting in my garage...

Yes, I've launched with sticky tires and 4.30s. I'm not a know-it-all teenager or a first time Mustang owner like the majority of the Mach 1 crowd. Quite the contrary. I've been racing stick cars for 20 years, this ain't my first time at the rodeo.

Never did I imply the sticky tires are pointless. I merely refuted the claim that 4.30s will increase wheelspin compared to 3.55s. This is absolutely not the case in the hands of a competent driver. Of course slicks are faster... and a car with slicks and 4.30s will be faster than a car with slicks and 3.55 gears. In all circumstances, a car with 4.30 gears will be quicker if the driver knows what he's doing. I know what I'm doing... do you?
I don't think the MAJORITY of the Registry crowd are first time mustang owners. I am not. Every member that I know personally on this registry are not 1st time owners. I think you made that statement based on the emotional content of the subject. BTW 4.56's or 88's are the best bet in a N/A Mach, 4.30's or 56's with a centrifugal supercharger. A buddy of mine has a 99 cobra with 56's and a vortec, and it seems to marry the low end tq with the top end hp seamlessly!'