View Single Post
Old 01-29-2008, 10:47 AM   #71
mach007

Re: Under Drive Pulleys..and the problems they cause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMACH View Post
do whatever the hell you want and in a few weeks we'll see one of those "wtf, my motor sneezed and locked up" threads...

Look, all i ask for is substantial evidence that has been documented! Before a conclusion can be drawn you must evaluate its findings! why is that hard to comprehend here? read this and maybe you'll understand what i mean.

Scientific method refers to the body of techniques for investigating phenomena, acquiring new knowledge, or correcting and integrating previous knowledge. It is based on gathering observable, empirical and measurable evidence subject to specific principles of reasoning. A scientific method consists of the collection of data through observation and experimentation, and the formulation and testing of hypotheses.

Although procedures vary from one field of inquiry to another, identifiable features distinguish scientific inquiry from other methodologies of knowledge. Scientific researchers propose hypotheses as explanations of phenomena, and design experimental studies to test these hypotheses. These steps must be repeatable in order to predict dependably any future results. Theories that encompass wider domains of inquiry may bind many hypotheses together in a coherent structure. This in turn may help form new hypotheses or place groups of hypotheses into context.

Among other facets shared by the various fields of inquiry is the conviction that the process must be objective to reduce a biased interpretation of the results. Another basic expectation is to document, archive and share all data and methodology so it is available for careful scrutiny by other scientists, thereby allowing other researchers the opportunity to verify results by attempting to reproduce them. This practice, called full disclosure, also allows statistical measures of the reliability of these data to be established.

This is only one of the many methods I use to find things unequivocal.

In some weird way there is a resemblance here with animal farm. Some of you are easily convinced and believe everything you read. With not one person looking for an alternative to this "dilemma". It shows lack of intellect and the lack to see if there is more than 1 answer. Im done. Theres no point in arguing with any of you people because it doesnt get us any closer to our destination. So i stand by and say "this is still in the beginning stages and needs to be confirmed with testing, reliability, and reporting." have a good day to those with and without UDP's and do as you please.
mach007 is offline   Reply With Quote