View Single Post
Old 02-26-2019, 10:18 PM   #35
Tony Alonso
Mustang Enthusiast

Re: Ford get it together!

Regarding the OP's observations about Mustang issues, I don't remember a generation since I started buying them that didn't have some less-than-desirable characteristic that needed addressing.

In my previous beloved '03 Mach 1, I had grinding gears which resulted in a replacement T3650. That was something that a number of folks here who were early owners were dealing with not long after the new car purchase. Others experienced engine ticking noise, paint concerns, and decals not properly adhering. Remember the Mach 460 stereos where the CD player stopped working? Remember the blue smoke on start-up?

In my opinion, having had a 2015 Mustang GT from 2014 to September of last year (built within the first 2 weeks of the new model), and now a 2019 Mustang Bullitt, some of the YouTube videos over hype the engine and transmission issues.

I will agree that the Gen 3 Coyote 5.0L and the noise situation can be present more often than not, given the DI/PI set-up for fuel delivery, along with the spray-bore cylinder lining. It's one thing I was watching carefully before I bought my '19 Bullitt. It's been good so far over 3700 miles, despite some noise I do hear (ratlling noise at part throttle in the 2000-3000 RPM range in lower gears). If you want an in-depth discussion on it, the mustang6g forum has a number of threads about the "2K rattle". Supposedly a TSB is going to be released to address that issue. I've not had a problem with the MT-82 in either my '15 or my '19. Of course, I don't speed shift and jam the shifter like some who have experienced a problem. Yes, I am aware that others had problems with the shift forks bending even though they drove them normally.

Bottom line is that I think that there will always be something that needs addressing. The good thing is that forums like these help us to collectively identify concerns that then can get taken to Ford. My '03 Mach 1 gave me miles of smiles, despite some of the issues, just like my subsequent '07/'10''15 Mustang GTs did and my '19 Bullitt does now.

I am still a big Mustang fan, and just like when the Mach 1s here were new and shiny
VIN 388409, Built ??/??/????
Delivered 7/12/2019 w/122,696 miles
Tony Alonso is offline   Reply With Quote