View Single Post
Old 02-25-2019, 08:09 AM   #29
AlloyPony

Re: Ford get it together!

Funny because I was thinking in the shower this morning about how I grew up a Ford fan all my life, even before I could drive. My first vehicle at 16 was a Ford F-150. Since then I've had numerous F-150s, Rangers, Mustangs, etc. Our family were Ford people.

But over the last several years that's gone away. Ford has alienated their consumers, and so I have decided to likewise alienate them.

The Mustang went WAY down hill with the 2005 model. Rusting/corrosion on the hoods, door panels literally falling off, cheap seats, cheap interiors, less reliable drivetrain, poor body sealing, etc. I had a 2008 GT that was garbage.

Then they ruined the F-150 by trying to force-feed guys that EcoBoost engine family. The result was an engine that drank fuel faster than a V8 while towing, with numerous common problems, a TSB/recall list a mile long, at a very high cost to the end user. There is Z E R O benefit to the "Eco"Boost engine family in the real world, yet Ford continues to this day to force-feed consumers the lie that these engines are more efficient, completely ignoring the turbo failures, intercooler failures, direct injection issues with carbon coking the valve stems, timing chain issues, etc. etc.

Next, they bring back the Ranger, a truck they never should have killed to start with, and try to pass it off as a "new" truck...when the truth is it's an 8 year old truck that has plastic parts slapped on it to try and make it blend in with the rest of the Ford portfolio in the U.S. Have you guys seen the exterior door keypad, or the add-on trailer brake controller, or the terrible dash that they pulled from a 2011 Edge, or the unusable storage in the rear of that 2019 Ranger? It's atrocious. And yet, they expect consumers to drop $40,000 for a mid-level crew cab 4x4 version.

Ford has totally lost their way. FCA (GASP) is the only "Domestic" automaker remaining that's actually building what people want. It's sad.