View Single Post
Old 03-14-2007, 01:57 PM   #5
MrE
Playing the Game!!

Re: 2003 mach1 check engine light

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow03 View Post
the car has a little shake here and there but not real bad . but it keeps setting the check engine light when i scan it the codes are po605 internal control module read only memory error , po602 control module reprogramming error , p1211 i have know ideal what this means , p1690 i have know ideal what this means, and po301,po302,po305,po306,po307 which are all misfire. i dont know anything about codes and computers can u guys point me in the wright way i can really use the help.

the car has a jlt intake,borla cat-back,upr x-pipe,and steeda pullyes.
The P0602 code "INDICATES" there's a programming error caused by the use of an unauthorized scan tool during some kind of PCM reprogramming procedure. Hmm, wonder what some monkey did there?? Those other codes have to do with a turbo as some have already pointed out and don't even apply to your car!! Don't know how those popped up.....unless somehow, you installed a truck tune into your PCM. What are you scanning/programming your car with??

BTW, powertrain DTC's (or any DTC's for that matter) AREN'T an end all fix all for repairing your car. The ONLY thing a DTC does is send a QUALIFIED technician to the area that's causing the problem, be it a sensor, a wiring problem, a related emissions problem, some kind of aftermarket junk on the car causing to problem, and the like.

My advice to you.......especially since you've got a strange programming error with your PCM......is to take it to a QUALIFIED/CERTIFIED mechanic who is properly trained to diagnose and fix your car, and step up to the plate and spend the money necessary to undo what you've done. Good luck!!
Past Mustang Ownership:'84 GT-5 spd, my first; '91 GT-auto; '70 M-code Mach 1-auto, grabber yellow; '95 GTS-5 spd, Pro-Charged, wrecked and totalled; '95 GTS 5 spd, replacement for totalled GTS; '89 LX 5.0 'vert-5 spd; '90 LX 5.0 hatch-5 spd; '69 M-code Mach 1-4 spd; '90 5.0 LX 'vert AOD converted to T-5; '03 Mach 1-5 spd, Sold-11/7/06.

Last edited by MrE; 03-14-2007 at 09:48 PM.
MrE is offline   Reply With Quote