View Single Post
Old 02-09-2018, 09:12 PM   #1
AlloyPony

Headliner peeling

So this Mach that I got over the New Year's holiday is slowly coming back to life. Got her out of the paint shop today. They fixed the front bumper and hood and corners of the fenders because rock chips had decimated the paint job. Car looks pretty good now for a 15 year old daily driven car.

So it's time to move to the interior. I have as my first job the headliner which is beginning to peel at the front edge near the windshield. There is probably 1/4 to 1/2 inch of the fabric that is peeling and falling down, but it's right at the edge. The headliner doesn't appear to be dropping down in any other places at this time. So what I'm hoping is that there is some way to use adhesive to fold the fabric back up into place and make a nice edge again.

Does anybody know which product would be best to use for this? It's a tough area to work in, being right up along the top of the windsheild, but there has to be a way to do it without a full replacement.