View Single Post
Old 08-30-2008, 06:17 PM   #66
Bullitt5094
Mach/Bullitt Hybred

Re: How to change your 5 speed to an automatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by almostthere4v View Post
god i want this done so bad but scared i'm going to **** up... i wanted a 5 spd at first but now i wish i never got one. i have a tko500 tranny in it now, but its suchs a hard shifting tranny.... i hate 5 spd, and will never owe another one...

Call Darrin at BC-automotive.com. He did an article in Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords on converting my Bullitt from a 5sp to a 4R70W about a year ago. Lopped off almost .7 from my ET with that conversion. Since then I've installed a 4V and with the shifter in "Drive" and with the EEC completely controlling the shifting and lockup, the car is now running 9s with just under 700RWHP. The original poster used a Lentech tranny with an Open converter. You can go with a lock-up converter with Darrin's conversion which makes the car MUCH more streetable and has a huge advantage at the track too on the big end. Mine's trapping 139mph currently. Open converters soak-up HP. I started a thread with my recent escapades with the 4V with some additional details on the car here...
http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/...ad.php?t=83994
'06 F250 PSD
Bullitt5094 is offline   Reply With Quote