View Single Post
Old 06-04-2008, 04:52 PM   #608
Bill Hamilton
Mustang owner since 1970

Re: Carlisle All Ford nationals - Mach 1 Registry Meet June 6-8, 2008

Okay I made it to the motel and am checked in. The weather started out great and clear sailing through South Carolina, North Carolina, and all of Virginia. However when I hit West Virginia, Maryland, and Pennsylvania it was a different story.

I basically had to swim the last three states. It was bad. I think it was raining sideways and if there were any tornados, you couldn’t see them because of the low visibility. It was IFR flying only and I pulled back the throttle and stayed about 100 feet off the bumper and in the wake of a big eighteen-wheeler. He had more lights glowing than a Christmas tree and that was the only thing that let me see him. I rode in his tire groves to keep from hydroplaning off the road. Couple of times I got too far back and lost the trail. As long as I stayed about 100 feet back it was all right. I followed him for about 75 miles and think I only blinked twice, boy are my eyes dried out (LOL).

I’m not sure why I washed my car yesterday. It looks like I finished second in a mud bogging contest. Anyway, the motel’s great and I’m off to their evening buffet in a few minutes. See you guys later.
My 1970 Mach

2003 Ford Mustang Mach I---Black w/5-speed --- gone but not forgotten
2011 Shelby GT-500 --- Ingot Silver Metallic and 6-speed (Sold and Now Terrorizing the residents of New Zealand)

1970 Ford Mustang Mach 1---White w/351C-4v Shaker Hood scoop and T-5 tranny
2014 Shelby GT-500 --- White/red stripes and 6-speed
2019 Mustang Convertible Premium Package w/automatic