View Single Post
Old 02-20-2008, 01:05 PM   #9
Linumup

Re: Custom Intake Carbureted & Nitrous Setup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
Using a 1" - 1.5" Wilson Manifolds tapered carb spacer can help the area under the curve. I have not seen any Carb Mod Motor dyno tests using this tapered spacer yet.

In the MM&FF Dec 2007 issue, a 4.6l DOHC intake dyno test was done on every type EFI & carb intake avaliable for this motor. It's a very good article and very interesting. A Sean Hyland 405 hp built motor was used that has ported heads & stage 1 cams and 1.625" primary Hooker Headers. With the factory EFI intake setup it produced 408hp. The Sullivan with a 750 Holley produced 436 hp. Like you were saying the area under the curve is way down. Not the choice I would go for a street machine.

Jeff Chambers got me thinking a little while back when he was talking to me about possibly going carbureted. Then when I ran accross a new Sullivan 1-101B intake for $500 shipped, I jumped on it. For the track, I like the idea and am willing to give it a shot, especially with the nitrous on this setup and backing it up with a Liberty Gears modified/face plated TKO 500.
Ill sell you my TKO600 complete set-up !
HP Custom Cams
ATI Racing TH400 Cheetah SCS Air Assisted Shifter
Strange 31 spline axles w/3:55
F1R Procharger w/Cog Set-up
Magnafuel 750 -10AN Feed -8AN Return
200 Direct Wet w/MSD window switch & controller
Big Stuff 3 w/Gen. 3 Pro EFI system
Kooks 1.78 LTS 3" Custom Exhaust
Tuning by DGR Racing

DYNO KING
Linumup is offline   Reply With Quote