View Single Post
Old 06-17-2011, 04:26 PM   #3
Mach828
Dark Knight

Re: Removing Valve Covers and Installing Cobra Cams - A Complete How To With Pics

Alright, so next I went ahead and got to work on actually removing the covers. I was pretty nervous, but it went fairly well.

Your going to want to start disconnected and relocating all the wires. Remove the two fittings for the heater. They have coolant in there, so be careful. It has two tabs, so squeeze them on either side tightly,

Next disconnect the fuel line, get a set of fuel line disconnect tools. You can see from the pic you need to slide it on going towards the passenger side, then it just pulls out.

After you pull the spark plugs, and take off all the bolts around the coil covers and around the cam covers, you are ready to pull it out. Just wiggle it to break the seal. I got the rear cleared then I just slid it forward. Be patient its gonna take a while. Beware of wires and stuff getting in your way. I had to cut off this foam cover on a line next to the shock tower to get it to clear.

But, once it is off, its a beautiful site to see!

Then I started to get ready for the drivers side. I took off the the clutch cable from under the dash, and removed the firewall adjuster. I pulled the throttle and clutch cables off to the side. I took off the pcv on the head too.

Vortech V2 S-trim, E85, A2A Treadstone, Comp cams, built engine, full exhaust, built rear, built 4r70, more mods.

Tuned by me with SCT Advantage

Last edited by Mach828; 06-18-2011 at 10:31 PM.
Mach828 is offline   Reply With Quote