View Single Post
Old 01-24-2005, 07:15 PM   #13
Orange whip 04
Never Fear Smith Is Here

Re: FYI on exhaust systems

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfstang360
Hey thank you for the insight. More info, I have no cats on and I got under the car with them while on the lift and revved it up and still the same noise comes from the flowmasters. Surely both of them could not be broken could they? COuld it be to much flow hitting them? I'm supposed to take it back to the shop this week for futher inspection. I'm at a loss here.

Anything is possible. Did you by the flowmaster used or new? If i had to take a guess i would say that you got a bad batch of flowmaster in which they may have not been welded completely. Perhaps what your hearing is a piece of the chamber or chunk of steel rattleing around inside. It is not because of the flow that caused it to break. Sounds like this was a pre-asssembly deffect. The only other thing i can think of and this is a long shot...the engine spits out quite a bit of water and since the flowmaster are great for trapping this water inside the chambers, it has no where to go but to sit inside the chamber and rust. Some water makes it out but the flows dont have tiny drip holes to let the water out if it becomes excessive. Perhaps the rust ate away at one or two chamber walls and they eventualy broke thus causing the rattle. ??? But it surely sounds like a flowmaster problem at this point. Iam sitcking with the broken chamber wall by pre-assembly defect therory.
Orange whip 04 is offline   Reply With Quote