View Single Post
Old 12-16-2015, 07:49 PM   #11
gvervoren
Garry Vervoren

Re: Took a Ford GT for a ride!!!

I am good friends with the owner and we are in the same mustang club. He has a 2007 Parnelli Jones Saleen also. He also knows my wife because he goes to the dental office that she works at.
We went to a car show one day and he brought it there. I asked if I could go for a ride after the show and he said sure. It was pretty busy so he had me follow him to his house after the show. He also knows how much my son LOVES Ford GT's so he gave me a ride in it over to my house to surprise my son with it. I called my wife ahead of time to make sure he would be outside. You should have seen his face when we arrived!! He asked my son if he wanted to go for a ride and of course he said yes. He then asked my son if he wanted me to drive it. I'm thinking OH YEAH!!!! So he threw me the keys and let me take my son for a ride in it.

He bought it last fall and he said he paid $257,000 for it. I never thought I would ever have a chance to drive a car like that.

Its amazing watching people reaction when you drive by. There was one guy washing his truck and he actually dropped his hose and stared as I drove by so of course I had to give him a little show. LOL I was doing well over 100 in second gear. It actually rides a lot nicer than I thought it would. Its not the smoothest ride of course but not as bad I thought it would be.

2004 Dark Shadow Grey ORIGINAL OWNER!!!!

I USED TO THINK BEING LAZY WAS BAD FOR ME SO I GAVE UP THINKING.

HOOFBEATS ARE LOUDER THAN HEARTBEATS

5 Speed, IUP, Tinted windows, 3rd brake light decal, Sequential Tail Lights, Smoked Tail Lights, Black Stainless Steel Bumper Inserts, Anthracite 18" staggard FR500
Build Date 10/08/2003
#567 of a build of 7182
gvervoren is offline   Reply With Quote