View Single Post
Old 07-08-2004, 10:11 PM   #36
tach9

Quote:
Originally posted by the stallion
Definately an interesting and much appreciated review. Right now my mach 1 is stock except for 2 1/2 inch Vortech mufflers welded in w/3 inch chrome tips. The Vortech's are less expensive, and supposedly flow better than and sound the same as flowmasters. Everybody that has heard them so far says they do. My car is somewhat quiet, but has a mean exhaust note. I'm considering right now leaving the mufflers and rear end exhaust plumbing stock, and hooking it up to shorty headers mated up to an MRT catted H-pipe. Then I would add electronic exhaust cut=outs directly after the cats. That way I could be somewhat quiet when I wanted, keep the backpressure, and then go absurdly loud when I wanted to also. Anybody have any feedback on this particular setup I'm thinking about??/

-Thanks
-Dan
Hey Dan, the Electric cut outs would definately make things louder..AV8tor on this list has them..IIRC..they cost about $300.00 and that doesn't include installation...for that kind of money. you could get a CAT Back from SLP, MagnaFlow or Flowmaster...if you shop around a bit...YMMV....FYI
tach9 is offline   Reply With Quote