View Single Post
Old 03-21-2017, 11:43 AM   #6
DSG2003Mach1
700 HP Mach

Re: New Radiator for all-motor Mach

you may well be in the same boat as me, Kevin from JPC is my tuner and we've discussed this a bit, these cars just dont have great air flow as its all blocked off by the bumper. He mentioned them having several new edge cars that run warm.

If you unplug the the connector to the cooling fan you can use a test light on the pins to see when it gives the low and high speed signal. Turning the AC on high should cause the high speed to come on in pretty short order as well. The CCRM controls everything (pass side fender well behind the liner), it changes fan speed based on coolant temp input from the sensor and AC controls.

the problem for us due to the air flow issue is that mostly a bigger radiator increases the amount of coolant which basically just takes the car longer to run to hot. Without more air flow to take the heat out its not really doing much unless there are issues with the current radiator (bent/clogged fins etc...)

I thinned down the coolant mix to as little antrifreeze as I can get away with (dont need much in FL), some water wetter and got a Mark 8 fan from a junkyard. It helped a little but didnt solve my issue, mine might just be an E85 only car when its hot out.

lastly I havent had time to research the subject but Ive seen it mentioned a few times that the specs of certain camshafts can lead to higher temps (sounds odd to me but figured Id throw it out there).

'12 F150 FX2 Supercrew with Ecoboost daily beater
DSG2003Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote