View Single Post
Old 01-11-2008, 10:23 AM   #16
machgsxr

Re: Eaton Swap....Part II

Once all that is hooked up you can hook up your i/c pump pigtail. One wire I grounded right above the air filter where there's already a ground wire.

The other wire I soldiered into the wiring harness back by the firewall in the passenger side. It's the all RED wire on top towards the front of the car. Put some heat shrink over it and tape it up real good.

Since were on wiring let's finish all of it up.

Grab your maf meter connector and cut the two outside wires as close to the connection as you can get. Get the iat sensor connector and use those two wires and soldier them to that connection. It will get plugged into the cai tube.

*OPTION* If you can get the connector for the iat2 sensor on the back of the s/c you will use the two wires closer to the s/c(the inside wires) and soldier them into the two wire cut from the maf connection. Grey with red goes to the wire closest to the blower (SIG RTN). The all grey wire goes to the 2nd wire from the blower(IAT2). It reads temperature post blower which they say will help get a safer tune from.

The alternator pigtail that I got came with about a foot of wire. I cut the 3 wires about 5" shorter.

Those 3 wires, I used to extend my IAC valve harness. Without them your about 3" too short. It's a simple cut and soldier procedure. Just don't get the wires criss crossed. When you soldier the new wires in make sure you get the same colors soldiered back together.

You will need to get some more wire to extend the dpfe sensor that is on the drivers side of the s/c. Same thing like the IAC, don't get the wires criss crossed.

What I did to get enough wire for the alt. was splice open the harness where the wires were in down to corner of the block and head by the upper alternator bracket. Pulled the wires out to there and used some electrical tape to tape up the old harness and run it back like it belongs.

Be real careful when doing this alternator wiring. I will try and get a pic of it, but the wires can go a few different way's. If not hooked up properly you will run into problems. The middle wire from the pigtail is not used since the white wire is a dead wire.

See attachements for cobra pinout. Thanks to eatonmach for posting the ford wiring diagrams.
Attached Thumbnails
mach.jpg   cobra.jpg  

Last edited by machgsxr; 05-23-2011 at 08:26 AM.
machgsxr is offline   Reply With Quote