View Single Post
Old 08-07-2007, 11:33 PM   #7
Navymailman

Re: USPS tracking sucks

Ok, relax all you USPS haters. I can tell you first hand as a Letter Carrier that it all comes down to money. As it is, people complain because the price of postage goes up 2 cents. Three months ago every letter carrier was given new IMD (intelligent mail devices) as we slowly upgrade to newer and better technology. Unfortunetly, these devices provide no real time tracking either. Sorry.

We do the best job we can, with what we are given to work with. As a reminder, we proudly deliver (mail, parcels, express mail) to every address in the United States, Mon. thru Sat. It is my job and every other Letter Carriers job to make sure that every delivery confirmatin package is scanned appropriately. Maybe one day, the USPS will commit to purchasing the equipment that is needed to outfit every single Post Office and Processing Station in the U.S. with real time tracking technology, however the day that happens is also the day it will cost over $1.00 to mail a single piece of First Class mail. In the meantime I will be providing my customers with the best service I can give them.

2003 DSG Mach 1
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g2...zeWizard-3.jpg
Navymailman is offline   Reply With Quote