View Single Post
Old 07-16-2007, 09:24 AM   #700
01TruBluGT

Re: Ask A Police Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04VAMach1 View Post
A plane is a dangerous place to have a firearm. If you miss, you may damage the integrity of the plane and lose cabin pressure, which would be very bad. The pilot keeps his firearm in a small lock box in the cockpit. That would be the only appropriate place to secure a firearm on the plane and it is not likely to be large enough to store more than one. Besides, a good officer is probably pretty resourceful.
That is true, I have acctually heard of instances where the Captian has refused to let officers carry firearms on board while transporting a prisioner. I know a friend of mine is LEO and he had to take a class before he went to do a prisioner transport. The put him in one of thoes simulators where you fire at the screen, there were like 5 people you had to shoot without hitting anything else to pass. There was also a couple of hours of classroom training.

What I don't understand is the Federal Air Marshall Service carries .357sig. That is a pretty strong round to be shooting in a closed in space. Wonder if they use Magsafe ammo or some other type of frangible ammo???
01TruBluGT is offline   Reply With Quote