View Single Post
Old 06-10-2007, 02:14 PM   #665
tsbpenguin

Re: Ask A Police Officer

Ok so every friday night we have a meet at our local sonic. I'd say a good 500 people are around at one time. Probably more. Anyway naturally the place is swarming with LEOs. If you play your music too loud, speed by, anything like that they get you. They keep a tow truck there for easy impounding. Ok so here's my setup
I've got a V6 and am currently working on turboing it. So at this point the exhaust dumps after the first set of cats. Its loud but its not ear shattering like open headers would be. I was leaving the meet last night, driving down the road, shifting at about 3k. Just my luck an unmarked car patrolling the road is RIGHT behind me.
So he pulls me over and asks for my license, registration, and proof of insurance. Then he says "so whats the deal with your car, why is it so loud?" i tell him and then he goes into a tirade of he could give me a 12pt exhibition of speed ticket and tow my car. He starts talking about how my car isnt safe for myself or anyone else. He then proceeds to say that if i come back next week and the car is in the same condition he will tow it.
Whats the deal? Can it actually hold up? What was his basis for pulling me over? I didnt think they could prove defective vehicle unless i failed an emissions? I guess im just a little confused as to how he could impound my car over something like that.
tsbpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote