Thread: NASCAR thread
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2007, 07:18 PM   #688
falcongtho3
Moderating at Mach 1

Re: NASCAR thread

Frances death and funeral have been at the top of discussions inthe NASCAR arena, so no fines, suspensions or penalties have been handed out.
The situation (from my point of view as a fan who cares little for wither driver) was that Tony and Kurt did some fender rubbing throughout the race. Later on Tony came up behind Kurt and gave him a bump which ended up putting him into the wall and sideways. Tony (IMHO) could have gone low and cleared Kurts car, but did not and prtty well punted him in the rear quarter. Once the cars came into the pits Tony was getting tires changed and Kurt ran right up on Tonys right side, nearly running over his jackman...I mean really, seriously, close. NASCAR then had Kurt pull into the garage for the remainder of the race (I don't know if the car was still viable anyway) and called his whole crew to the trailer for a conference. It was bad on many levels, and I've heard various versions of what happened form those whom I work with who are Stewart fans (it's not like I didn't watch this on TV!?!) and their version puts everythign on Kurts shoulders. Time, and NASCAR, will tell...

#340804 13th Mach 1 built
11/07/02 Build Date
12/13/02 Delivery
falcongtho3 is offline   Reply With Quote