View Single Post
Old 04-11-2007, 07:05 AM   #636
MvCrash
Where is Hooterville?

Re: Question for LEOs Out there (Illinois State Police Related)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Mach 1 View Post
I was pulled over this morning in my '97 Toyota Avalon (daily driver) at about 3 AM CST by an Illinois State Trooper.

He paced my blind spot on the left side of my vehicle for 1-2 minutes before pulling me over.

My cruise control had been set on 65 MPH ever since I entered the interstate.

He swung in behind me and turned his lights on. After I had stopped, turned on my dome light, and placed both hands on the steering wheel, he walked up to my windows and asked me, "Was that your white vehicle that I clocked at 78 MPH back there or was that the white Explorer further ahead?"

I stated, "It wasn't my vehicle because I've had my cruise control set at 65 MPH."

I was annoyed with the entire situation since he wasted my time. We then exchanged small talk about where I was coming from and where I was headed.

He then said, "Alright, we'll go get him. Please be careful moving back onto the roadway."

He ended up flying by me after I had entered the road and soon stopped at the next U-turn section of the interstate to talk to another Trooper. It looks like he must've given up on catching the "Explorer" that he mentioned.

I had my phone in hand after he drove off ready to file a complaint with his department, but I held off since I didn't feel like talking to anyone.

My question is this:

Is pulling over vehicles and asking them if they have the correct car in regards to speeding common practice? It seems as though if one of your main responsibilities is stopping speeders, you'd pull over the correct vehicle.
I don't think you have a beef here. Better he asked than just gave you a summons which would have been a mistake. On the other hand you could have been writing onhere that you got a summons for nothing!!!

Peace!!
Adopted 12/18/2004
SOLD 7/17/06

2007 Corvette Convertible
Born 7/17/06
Delivery@NCM 8/24/06
" There are only two things that are infinite, the Universe and Human Stupidity. I'm not sure about the Universe." Albert Einstein
" Anyone who has never made a mistake, has never tried anything new"Albert Eintein.
" It is better to have loved and lost, than never have seen lost in space" Kelly Bundy
MvCrash is offline   Reply With Quote