View Single Post
Old 11-01-2006, 08:35 PM   #556
fjt226
Hooked on Mach

Re: Ask A Police Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machy uno View Post
I had a question for the officers of the board that is similar to the one above. I live in Lubbock, a college town known for huge parties. I live in a fairly nice neighborhood where I own, not rent my house. I am in college, but do not throw parties very often, so my house is not labeled as one of the "party" houses by the cops. Last fri night I had my annual halloween party. (5 kegs, 400 jello shots, 50 gallons of punch) This is the ONLY party I through this size all year. The cops showed up around 230 to bust it up saying they got a call because of a fight. When I saw him pull up I walked out to meet him. He told me the party was done and he was going inside to shut it down. I politley replied I would shut the party down but I would appreciate it if he didnt go in my house. He then said he didnt think I understodd, he was going in my house and closing the party down. I agian politley said I would appreciate if he didnt come in my house. He grabbed me by the arm, dragged me to his car threw me against the car, frisked me(very physical in all this) and told me I was going to jail. After taking my id and seeing I am of age he told me I had a choice, to either go to jail or take a ticket and let him in my house. At this point I had done nothing other then refuse him entrance into my house, I didnt even fight him when he dragged me out to his car. At that point I said screw it and let him in to close the party. He never gave me a ticket, but he blackmailed me with the chioce of jail to get into my house. There never was a fight like he said, there wasnt anyone outside because the kegs were in the garage, and the music wasnt loud enough to hear in the street. So it all stemmed from the cars in front of my house. Anyone see any problems with this? Can he take me to jail simply because I wont let him in my house?

As an officer, whenever I hear stories like this one, or any story for that matter, one thing is certain, there are always at least two sides to it. We have heard yours, but not the officer's. I have to believe that the vast majority of my fellow badge holders try to do the right thing. I also have to realize that since we hire from the human race, occassionally we get the bad apple. My recommendation, if you feel you have been wronged, file a formal complaint with his Department. They will get to the bottom of it. They don't want a liability carrying a badge either. Hope this helps.

08 Shelby GT 500, 6 sp, Vapor Clearcoat Metallic
04 Mach 1, Screaming Yellow, 5 sp, IUP
70 Mach 1, R model, 428CJ, 4 sp
70 Mach 1, current project, 351 Ford Racing Crate Motor, 4sp

Oh yeah, and
05 Excursion
99 Ranger

Former rides:
03 Mach 1, DSG Met, 5sp, IUP
66 Mustang, White, 289, auto
00 Expedition
79 F-350 Supercab